Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 1:37 pm

Casually, a young girl no older then 15, waltzed into a convenience store. She looked as any other customer did. The only distinction that she was different was the fact that she was a bit grimy. Nobody paid attention to this girl as she walked over to the snack isle and looked around. Not a head was turned as she cautiously pulled about 3 bags of chips off the shelf and stuffed them into her bag. Then, just then, the cashier looked over at the suspicious girl. He eyed her slightly, but went back to the cash register. With a defeated look, the girl left the store as if she hadn't found what she had wanted.

"Hey you girl, wait!" The cashier had obviously suspected her without her knowledge. Although she had casually exited the store, when he began to chase after her she ran hard and fast to anywhere away from him. "HEY!" he called out again, but she kept running. Her black hair was flying everywhere and covered her eyes, but she wouldn't stop for anything. She was hungry, it had been awhile since she had eaten.

Finally after about 15 minutes of running the man had given up. The girl had quickly turned into an alley and waited out about 5 minutes before relaxing. She slumped down onto the cold, dirty ground. She nearly ripped open one of the chip bags and began to chow down. It had been at least a week since she had last eaten. She still had about half a bottle of water to drink, so she would be good for awhile.

When the bag was half empty she could hear the steps of someone coming from the back of the alley. The bright blue eyes of a girl named Kairi, looked up. Her black bangs brushed aside as she looked down the alley. "Who's there?!" she asked alarmed.
Back to top Go down
https://thaliaspinetree.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 2:09 pm

The saying, "hunger makes everyone a thief" were the only words in Jason's mind as he watched the cashier chase after a girl who apparently had the same idea as him. It was the first time in his life that he actually had a stroke of luck, he stuffed a few cans of soda and a few boxes of candy and candy bars into his bag and quickly hurried out of the store. He turned right and started walking away, acting like nothing had happened.

Jason kept walking and took out one of the candy bars and started taking huge bites out of it. It was the best thing he had eaten in months and it made him feel like he was in paradise. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten a candy bar, actually any candy at all. The candy bar was gone in seconds so he pulled out another one and finished it as well. Not wanting to eat all of his stash he closed his back and turned his attention to where he was going.

He made it a few blocks when he saw the girl the cashier had chased out of the store running.Jason made a decision to go after the girl. He needed to thank her because it was thanks to her he actually had something decent to eat and he also wanted to know why she was in there stealing. He wondered if she had made it out with anything herself or had she been stopped or just hadn't been able to get anything in the first place.

Jason followed her down an alleyway where he stopped at the entrance and watched her relax after a few minutes and rip open a bag of chips before devouring the contents. He waited a little longer before starting his own way down the alley. He walked slowly so that he wouldn't frighten her. Gods knew what this girl was capable of scared. . .

The girl apparently heard Jason anyway because she started up at him with blue eyes covered with a few strands of dirty black hair. She asked who was there and Jason took a moment to think of a response. Should he tell her the truth or lie and make up a false name? Should he tell her that he saw her in the convenient store and risk her thinking he was going to turn her in? After a few minutes if thought he decided to tell the truth.

"Uhm. . . I'm Jason, I was in the store that you ran from. I saw you running down here after I made my own escape. Thanks to you. . ." Jason said nervously. Not knowing what to do after she responded.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 4:56 pm

Jason, the name wrang throughout her mind. Her blue eyes widened at him in intrest. Why had he followed her? Nobody was supposed to follow her. If someone followed her that would lead to her capture. If she was captured that would only lead to her return and that would be worse then death. "Why did you follow me?" she asked alarmed. There was a small sign of her blonde hair peeking through all the black. She needed to redye it soon, but that store didn't have any black dye. If he could see the blonde in her hair and he had seen those 'LOST' posters hanging up nearly everywhere then she could be turned in for quite a lot of money.

"You're welcome, I guess," Kairi's eyes never left his and by this time she was standing and looking the kid straight in the eyes. She had to stay alert with this guy. If he recognized her and ran, she would have to chase after him, which would be easy, and beat him down until he promised not to tell. If he wouldn't, she just might have to kill him. One soul would be worth keeping away from her past. She wouldn't want to kill him, but she might have to.

Kairi eyed the boy suspiciously. "My name is Kairi. Nice to meet you," she had changed her name the day she had ran away. Kairi had always been her dream name, and now she had the perfect opportunity to use it. She held out her hand for him to shake. There was always the small possibility that she would make a friend here. This was VERY unlikely though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 5:19 pm

((I'm stalking this, by the way*nods*))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 5:30 pm

((Of course you are Luke. . . XD))

Jason never took his eyes off of Laura either. He wasn't sure what she would do if he turned his back or didn't pay attention to her. She could easily kill him or do anything to him, like most people that were like them. Runaways never shied away from keeping their own skins safe at the price of one person's. He knew because he has been put on that spot before.

Jason brushed his own shaggy brown hair from his eyes as he answered her, "because I needed to thank you, sorta. You helped me get what I needed and I owe you," he told her with a serious expression. Jason never played when it came to paying debts or keeping promises. "Is there anyway I can thank you for helping me feed myself for a week?" He asked her slinging his bag from his shoulder and onto the ground where it hit with a thud. "I have quite a bit of stuff in here. You can see if there's something you like. . ." He went on.

"Kairi. . ." Jason repeated to himself. "That's a pretty name. I like it. Unlike my name. . . It's so dull and common, though luckily common enough that no one would ever be able to single me out with just my name which is a bonus because if I get caught. . ." he stopped and shook his head, "it's not even thinkable. I've done too much these last few months. . ." He said and then looked back at her, " How about you, are you a runaway? How long have you been out here alone?" He asked her as he shook her hand friendly.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 10:09 am

Without missing a beat Kairi thanked him. Her voice had no emotion in it at all. She was used to thanking people without sounding actually thankful. She wouldn't actually tell this guy that her real name was something up on the posters everywhere. That stupid, girly, weak name. It disgusted her deeply. How her parents could've ever come up with such a silly name was beyond her.

"Hm? A runaway? Well . . . I'm afraid I can't tell you whether I am or not." I can't trust anyone out here, is more along the lines of what she was saying. This was very true. Trust would only lead to being stabbed in the back. This she had learned in the past. There was no way she was going to trust anyone anytime soon, or at least not straight off the bat. If that were to happen Kairi would have lost herself in someone that wasn't her. Then of all things, her hair would return to it's blonde color and she would be captured.

"You wish to thank me?" This really was an odd thing to say. Kairi had only been thanked once before and that was for the silliest of reasons. If this boy had any real reason to thank her, she didn't know what it was. "Well if you really wish to help me then tell no one about us meeting. Do you understand?" She looked him straight in the eyes as if to say, "Your cooperation is vital." If he didn't understand she would have to beat it into him. When she was sure he did understand she started to walk off. "Goodbye, and fairwell. I wish you luck," she waved her hand in fairwell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 5:49 pm

Jason noticed the lack of emotion and meaning in her voice. It wasn't the first time or would it be the last time that someone had given him an empty thank you. "You could out some feeling into your thank yous. Some people don't appreciate empty ones, you know? Might come back against you," He commented with a smirk. He enjoyed making a few sarcastic comments like that every once in awhile. It helped him keep his spirits up most of the time and he liked to see it sometimes cheer others up to.

"And why not? It's not hard to tell either way. You're either a runaway or a slave and slaves haven't been around for about 130 years. . ." Jason told her eying her clothes and face and how dirty they were. A lot dirtier than he ever allowed himself to be. He tried to find a river or something once a week to wash off and clean his clothes in to make himself less noticeable to the eyes of the citizens and all. He wasn't trying to get caught because he was too lazy to take the time to find somewhere to get clean. "You may want to wash off. . . you'll attract too much attention looking like this," he said with a another look over her. He saw that there was a small patch of blond in her black hair. "Maybe get some more hair dye too, eh?" He smirked again.

"I always thank the people who help me. I'm not rude enough not to," He sighed. He hated the fact that even while on the streets he still found himself doing his best to be nice to everyone. . . as shown here. He watched her get up and start to walk away. After she said by he found himself not wanting to see her leave. "Wait!" He called out, "you're just gonna leave?" He asked her. "That's kinda rude, dontcha' think?"
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:43 pm

"They may not appreciate empty thank yous, but giving and empty one is better then acting as if you really did care what they said or did. That would be harsh, and no one deserves that," Kairi's voice was monotone and didn't change throughout her little speech. Overall, what she had said went against everything she had learned. What she had been told was to thank everyone from the bottom of her heart even if she wasn't truely thankful and that was not what she had ever believed to be the correct thing to do. "Yes now you find me telling you that I wasn't really thankful for the compliment I was given harsh. That's life though."

"I won't tell you because for all you know my family could be between a rock and a hard place and are unable to afford the water bill, thus our water was shut off," Kairi said bluntly as if it was the most obvious thing. Of course with what he said next there was no use continuing with a charade. "Alright fine, I'm a runaway and I haven't gotten the chance to bathe in a while probably a week or two. That isn't my fault though seeing as this area is pretty dry." When he mentioned her hair her face went white. "What are you talking about!? My hair is naturally black!" She truly was alarmed that he could tell with just a glance.

When the boy called for her to come back she was slightly surprised. Kairi stopped and turned to face him. "Yes?" she asked wondering if maybe she had left something on the ground. "Oh, well yes I was just going to leave. I don't know you nor do I really owe anything to you. Do I have any reason to stick around? Maybe wait for the police to catch me? Or for the grass to grow?" she said slightly sarcastic. It had been awhile since she had used her sarcasm. It felt good. "No I don't find it kinda rude. Well if there's anything that you want to say to me then I really do think I should be on my way," as the words came from her mouth she could only hope that he would stop her again. It really had been so long since she had actually had a conversation with someone. If he didn't she would accidentally drop something, nothing all too important, and hope he would come after her to try and return it. If he wouldn't . . . well that would be why she would drop something unimportant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)   Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Partners in Crime! (A Runaway RP) (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1