Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Empty
PostSubject: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 4:11 pm

Bailey jumped up and down on the sand, too hyper to do much else. He was hyper pretty much all of the time, except when he was sad, tired or around girls. He was rarely ever sad or tired and most girls just freaked him out, for no apparent reason. He didn't consider it a phobia, but he'd have to look it up just in case. On another note, he had no known phobias, which was good. He would hate to be afraid of everything that he saw. He'd be the most pathetic demigod ever!

Bailey laughed and shook his head. Was there a reason to his laughing? No, he just liked to laugh. It came with his bubbly personality and the way he was raised. He was also very likely to spout quotes by Dr. Seuss and Albus Dumbledore at random. Random. That was a good word to describe Bailey.

The demigod nodded and began bouncing up and down again, until he got dizzy and his head started to hurt. Bailey hoped nobody saw him acting like such an idiot. Just to make sure nobody was there, Bailey did the brightest thing he thought of. "Hello?" He called loudly. Yep, Bailey the brain boy. Only attracting more attention to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 4:29 pm

Prometheus had taken the form of a ferrett and was curled up, watching a boy jumping up and down. His name was Bailey Pine, he was 14 and he seemed to have good taste in hats. Anyway, so Prometheus was there, watching this Hypo teenager jumping up and down, for no apparent reason. Fair enough. Mortals had changed since the first man, Sapien, and the firts woman, his annoying, and not to much stupid, stepsister Pandora. Still, this might be normal. When the kid stopped and yelled out "Hello?" Prometheus went behind the rocks and assumed the shape of a 13 year old boy. Walking from behind said rock, he said, "Okay, cover blown." The Titan walked over to Bailey. "I'm Richard. Richard MacBevan. Unclaimed. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 4:46 pm

Bailey sighed. Great. So someone had seen him jumping up and down like some toddler who drank way too much Red Bull. Bailey turned and saw a boy looking around 13 years old coming out from behind a rock. Had this guy been spying on him? Bailey looked the boy over carefully. Two eyes, two legs, two arms. Thankfully, the boy only had one head. After close speculation, Bailey had to conclude that this boy was human, or at least demigod or something humaniod in shape. And the boy spoke English, how wonderful!

Bailey grinned at the boy who'd introduced himself as Richard and tipped his fedora in the most gentlemanly fashion. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir Richard MacBevan." Then, he dropped the "fancy" routine and spoke how he normally would. "I'm Bailey Pine. Unclaimed, as well, I suppose." This was the first unclaimed demigod Bailey had met. Richard seemed okay enough, in spite of him hiding behind a rock and watching Bailey jump. Bailey laughed and grinned at the boy. "So when did you get here? I got here last night, myself, but didn't really have the chance to meet anybody."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 11:39 am

Prometheus thought about everything, about how this Alias would work. He had been in the water, shaped like a minnow, whizzing around after Plankton. Ah, Plankton were cool... Anyway, he was in the water and he had been planning put this Richard MacBevan facade. "Just today." He replied to Bailey's question. "Anway, Sir Richard MacBevan?" He asked, and put on a boyish grin. He changed his voicebox to sound posher. "Why, 'tis a pleasure to meet you to, my good fellow!" He changed his voice back to the soft, Irish one he had been using. "So, who do you reckon you'll be claimed by, 'Sir' Bailey?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 12:53 pm

Bailey smiled, he was not the only newbie at camp, which was great. There were probably loads of other new kids that Bailey had yet to meet. He was sure he'd get a chance to, though. He loved making new friends and was pretty easy to get along with. He was very loyal to his friends and family and didn't like seeing anyone get hurt, regardless of if he liked them or not He was the type of person somebody either liked or hated instantly, which had never really bothered him.

Bailey pondered Richard's question, like he had done many times before. "I dunno. I don't really spend lots of time thinking about it. Off the top of my head, no god or goddess comes to mind. My parents go so far with it that they refuse to say if I'm the child of a god or a goddess. If there's a god of hyperactive pipsqueaks then they might as well claim me now. Who do you think you'll be claimed by?" Bailey asked, changing the subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 1:10 pm

Prometheus thought quickly. Claiming, claiming, who woud your average Demigod want to be claimed by?! "Oh, I dunno." He said smartly. Yeah, very intelligent... "Maybe Apollo, because I'm good at singing and instruments. I hope Zeus though, that'd be cool, control over lightning." He my as well have cried out in relief. That was a smooth one! Of ourse, a Demigod Prometheus would hat nothing more then to be claimed by that twisted, jumped up, foolish little boy Zeus. He smiled and said, "Well, what are you good at?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 1:38 pm

Bailey shrugged and gave a slight nod. Apollo seemed to be quite the popular god to be claimed by. Bailey thought it was because loads of people liked musicians and the demigods at camp just wanted to be popular. Bailey couldn't care less. Then there were the Big Three gods. Demigods wanted power. They wanted to either be greatly feared or greatly respected. Once more, Bailey Pine could not care less. He wasn't even sure he was a demigod. Okay, so yeah, he had ADHD and dyslexia. Loads of people at Meriwhether had those same disorders, but bad things never happened to the. Unlucky. That was what Bailey was. A very unlucky mortal who'd snapped under what little pressure people had put on him.

Bailey sat down on the sand and gave yet another shrug. "What am I good at? Nothing really." Pretty much everything he knew he'd either learned off of television, he'd found it on some website, or he'd just picked it up somewhere. He was too small and weak to do things that required muscles or anything physical at all. Brains.....well, he wasn't an idiot but he was no genius. Bailey didn't know who he was going to be claimed by and it was probably a lost cause until his parent claimed him. Ugh. Why was he even thinking about this anyway? He couldn't be bothered to remember the names of the gods and what they ruled over. He got the Greeks and the Roman's confused as well as Roman and Egyptian. Bailey was confused half the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 11:46 am

Prometheus felt sympathy towards this kid, adn suddenly remembered who Bailey reminded him of. Hercules! The same hair, and eyes, and smell! Of course, nto via Divine parent, but by Mortal line. Long-line descendant of Agelaus, Hercules' Son by Omphale, probably. Prometheus remembered that kid. Nice one, went far. Anyway, Prometheus would have to help this guy, without making it obvious. "I'm pretty sure your good at something Bailey!" He said, hoping to comfort the guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 2:37 pm

Bailey gave a small smile at Richard's words. He hadn't meant to sound discouraged or anything, but it had been the truth. What was he good at? He could crawl into small spaces and hide from bullies. He was decent at throwing punches, but it was usually the anger of having his family made fun of that fueled him, not muscle. Bailey sighed and shrugged. He was full of useless information that wouldn't get him very far in life. He was good at attracting monsters, repelling girls and he could speak Latin very well. All demigods could speak Latin, though, and they usually attracted monsters as well. Bailey wasn't anything special.

He stood up, for he couldn't stand sitting down for more than a few minutes. With a small laugh, he said, "No immortal comes to mind when I think of my parent. Like I said, though, I don't spend loads of time thinking about it. It's not like I've had lots of time to consider it anyway. Up until two days ago, I didn't know I was a demigod. I don't know enough about the Greek gods to be able to figure out which one suits me best."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 3:22 pm

Prometheus sighed, and hoped that he could find a way to help this kid. After all, he was greatly in debt to one of Bailey's anscestors. The kid didn't seem to have nearly as much strength as Hercules, neither did he have the female attraction abilities. It was a same that almost all of them had either been killed him or someone else. In fact, Bailey seemed to literally repel girls. Interesting. Prometheus put his hand on Bailey's shoulder. "You'll see when you get claimed. You'll see..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 6:31 pm

Bailey frowned as Richard put a hand on his shoulder. This kid sure was persistent. Okay, maybe Bailey did have talents. He just didn't know them yet. And things quite possibly could end up making sense, once his parent decided to claim him. That day had yet to come, though, and he was quite alright with that. People seemed to care a lot about claimings, but not him. It wasn't like he'd go around everywhere shouting out who his god parent was. What use would that be?

"No offense, Richard, but you seem really pro god for a half-blood who's been ignored for all of his life." Not that Bailey cared. He didn't care if someone was all for the gods or hated the gods, so long as they were nice to him. He'd remain netural, though. He hadn't a reason to hate nor like the gods, but assumed it was fair enough if others did. Still, Bailey thought it odd that somebody who hadn't been at camp for even a full day would be so gracious towards the gods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2010, 5:44 am

"Pro-God? Well, I just like the idea..." He said slowly, as he came up with an excuse. "I like them because they gae us everything we have today, like the Sun and the Moon and the Sea and the Sky. Plus if I said any different they'd blow me into Tartarus!" It may have sounded jokey, but it was the absolute, utter truth. He would have to be nice to Zeus and his family to be able to stay with his beloved creations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))   A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Day, A New Life ((Prometheus))
Page 1 of 1