Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Empty
PostSubject: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 3:55 pm

((Okay, so this RP isn't about the cases, per se, but about the underlying emotions between the group of people who are trying to find justice. For instance: do the defense and prosecution really have to be enemies? IS the law always right? So, here are the OPEN positions: defense lawyer, defendant- you get to choose if innocent or guilty, baliff, judge, witness, and detective. I am prosecution, because I'm epic that way. XD Please state who you are before you RP. OH, and this was approved be Laura.))

Illiad buried her face in her hands. What was she doing? Why was she doing this? Her whole life, Illaid had been passionate about one thing: having justice struck down on others, when they deserved it. But for three years, she had been a prosecutor, and never lost a case. Could it be that she had put innocent people to jail... on the death sentence? "No, " she said standing up, and shaking her head. "It's not possible. Those people, those murderers, those MONSTERS... they deserved what they got. THEY DESERVED IT!" She held back a sob as she realized she was lying. To herself, to the world... to everyone. Not once had she ever doubted herself, until this day. This case was tearing her apart at the seams, all because of one stupid little lawyer. One measly, unworthy, amatuer of a defense lawyer... who knew how to work their way right through the kinks in Illiad's armour.

So now she had a desicion to make. Could she really let this possibly innocent person be prosecuted? Or should she help to find evidence to get them free? But what if the defendant was really guilty? Then what? Let guilty men walk free, because she didn't have the guts? The truth is the only real form of justice... The thought drifted through her head vaguely. What the hell does that even mean? The first tear drop rolled down her cheek when the first footsteps sounded behind her.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:21 am

((I’m the defendant…))

Jess walked into the room, thinking about the case. OR more specifically, thinking about how he was innocent. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had even tried to help the victim. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to hold back the fear of actually being prosecuted. What happened to ‘Innocent until proven guilty’? he thought, walking down the hall. “At least you don’t have to stay in jail, Jess…” he muttered to himself, trying to see the bright side of the mess that was the case. But Lily’s dead. She died, and now your being blamed of killing your own sister. He hated it, he hated that prosecutor, he hated the judge, he hated every single person who was hoping to see him thrown in jail for the murder he didn’t commit. He leaned against the wall, images of everything that had happened that night flooding his mind.

“Damn Lily. You need to break up with him,” he said into the phone as he was driving to her apartment on the Northeast side of town. He had gotten a call from his parents, saying that Lily had gotten into a fight with her drunk of a boyfriend…again.
“Well, sorry Mr. I’m-So-Perfect. It’s not my fault that he gets like this.” She said, exasperated.
“Yeah, but it’s your fault for dating the guy in the first place.”
“Whatev-” the phone cut off.
“Lily? Lily?! Damn it!” he yelled, getting out of his car, not bothering to even turn it off.

He was pulled out of the horrid memory, by…sobs? He walked to the door the sobs where coming from, and opened the door gently. It was the prosecutor. Jess walked up behind her (What was her name?) “Are you ok…?”
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:29 pm

Ill'ad head shot toward the voice, and she froze. The defendant... Jess, wasn't it? Yes, the client of that annoying lawyer that she had to stare at all day and seemed determined to drive her crazy. It seemed to be working. "You... What do you care?" She sounded like a five year old, and she knew it. She was Illiad Winston, Ace Attorney, and she was letting a murderer sway her logic? What the hell was going on?

"I apologise," she said stiffly. Raking her fingers through her brown hair, Iliiad made the biggest mistake of her prosecution career. She raised her gaze to his, and looked him straigt in the eye. The pain in them was tangible, and Illy couldn't pull herself away. It ran through her veins, shooting into her heart like a bullet. Why would a murderer feel such pain? Or was it guilt? Even fear, maybe? No, that was pain shining in his eyes, pure and bitter, and sickening. And it was all her fault.

When she finally tore herself away from his eyes, she took a hurried step backwards and refused to look at him directly. "Did you... did you do it? Did you kill her? The... police..." Illiad had no idea why she thought that this time would be the truth, that he wouldn't dare lie to her. Well, let's just say that wouldn't be the first time the police fabricated evidence. But I have a hard time believing this detective would do that.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 7:14 pm

“What do I care? I care because apparently, from what my lawyer says, you’re supposed to be one heck of a prosecutor who people would think wouldn’t cry as she’s about to get an innocent person thrown in jail on the death sentence.” His anger broke through his words. Jess took a deep breath, and again, ran his fingers through his hair. “Sorry, just people are think that I killed Lily…and I didn’t do it. I couldn’t kill her. I mean, sure she got on my nerves…a lot. But that’s what little sisters are supposed to do! It’s like their job or something…” He slumped into the seat next to Illiad, trying not to let the tears flow. “I mean, I was driving to her apartment to go get her because she and her boyfriend got into a fight again…and,” he took a deep breath. “when I got to her…she was lying on the floor, bleeding, and…I tried to help her. I tried to make the bleeding stop, but she died anyway…And now, I’m getting blamed for killing Lily…My Lily. My little flower…” By now, the tear had started to form in his eyes. “God, she had just graduated too. She was gonna go to Harvard. She was gonna be somebody.”
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:46 pm

Illiad let herself drop into one of the chair and shook her head in numb shock. There was no way this guy was a murderer. After what she had seen in his eyes... Illiad mentally shuddered. But how had she been this wrong? How do you know he's telling the truth? He could've killed her. He had both the motive and the means. But does he have the soul? Illiad glanced at Jess dubiously and felt a little dizzy. He wasn't a murder; she could feel it in her bones. But every piece of evidence was pointing to Jess, a screaming neon sign of death. Did his own lawyer even believe in him?

"The boyfriend." Illy said adruptly, flipping open a notebook and going for a pen. She was now in full-on lawyer mode. "What's his name? I can get a subponea, see if we can use him to validate at least the first part of your testimony." Her brain raed forward, already trying the boyfriend for Lilly's murder. "Look, Jess. If your lawyer gets you off on this one, I can book this guy. Fast." But you can't help Jess get rid off these charges, can you? No... you can only watch him die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))   Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lobby Number Two... ((About Lawyers... open for as many people as open positions))
Page 1 of 1