Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Empty
PostSubject: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2010, 5:55 pm

Chiron was standing at the Big House, not entirely sure why he was. Maybe he needed a rest. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that the rather careless Dionysus has placed him in charge, telling him to make sure that his precious place was not burned down by "those wretched children." Chiron had not other choice but to accept Dionysus's demand, even if he did not appreciate it. Not many demigods seemed to enjoy visits to the Big House which was quite a shame. He really did enjoy talking to demigods outside of archery training and campfire singalongs. Unfortunately, it was rather difficult with the tasks the camp director seemed to enjoyed placing on him. Combined with some of the demigods' fear that he would bite left Chiron rather lonely on the front porch.

Honestly, what could be so wrong with talking to me? I am not like one of those crazy centaurs, I have a rather nice tail, and it's not as if my bow was meant to hunt down demigods. So really, could anything be any worse than this? With a long sigh, Chiron glanced around the camp, feeling rather dejected. Usually there was a demigod or two who would walk up to him and begin a nice conversation but it appeared as if everyone had their own activities to do. Without me. Again.

Adjusting his position to one of a bit more comfort, Chiron looked down to see a book in ancient Greek. Yes yes, he did enjoy reading that book but he had read it so many times, he could have sang it in his sleep. A mental voice kept nudging at him, telling him that he should roam the camp instead. But there was something in his gut that told him that he shouldn't, that Dionysus would be none too pleased if that were the case. Frankly, he preferred not to be on the other hand of Dionysus's antics. For example, as much as he called Dionysus his full name behind his back, he always made sure to refer to the camp director as "Mr. D" in his face. No need to have the old god blow up in his face.

"Oh, come on. Someone's got to talk to me some time!" A long sigh of resignation accompanied Chiron's call for company. For this, it seemed to be easier said than done. No one wanted to talk to an old centaur who had more than 3000 years strapped on his back. Just a fact of life, much to Chiron's dismay. With one last look at his book, he rolled his eyes before picking it back up and flipping through the pages. Perhaps he could put an extra spin to it. Read it in a different voice. Act it out in a different language. Either way, it was definitely better than simply standing there like a pathetic bodyguard. Not that that was meant to be an offense to bodyguards, Chiron was sure that they were doing a lovely job protecting a rather important person. But house-sitting was just simply out of the question. So reading through his book for the umpteenth time, Chiron decided it was just better to wait...for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Alex Jones

Alex Jones

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler will be the face in you window, and if you look to your door I'll be in there standing in the doorway.

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 11:13 am

Alex walked by on his way to the armory as the boy he fought called for a rematch but he saw Chrion and he looked rather miserable. "Hey Chrion remember me Alex Jones Son of Ares" He said holding his Dual swords. He looked around. "Where is everyone?" He asked and sat next to Chiron.

Alex thought about Theo. Somehow Theo had gottend croupted and Alex didnt know If he could help him then Skyler. Skyler really hated him. Then Hannah. She was the greatest. But posted his mind back to Chiron. "Hey Chiron wanna go to the Archery range an shoot some arrows for a while?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theghosts-sighters
Nicko Rider

Nicko Rider

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 12:01 pm

((Wait O.O 'Theo had gotten croupted' what did I do?))
Back to top Go down
Alex Jones

Alex Jones

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler will be the face in you window, and if you look to your door I'll be in there standing in the doorway.

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 12:14 pm

((Well not coruptted but you've been...... diffirent latley))
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theghosts-sighters

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 7:59 pm

"Hey Chrion remember me Alex Jones Son of Ares" Eh...Alex Jones...oh yes, yes. That boy. My, it does get harder to remember names these days. "Ah yes. Hello there, Alex. Would you--" Before Chiron could ask the young boy if he would like to take a seat, Alex already made himself comfortable. Now, Chiron was definitely not one to be annoyed when demigods did such rash actions but sometimes there were just a few moments he would wish that they would actually wait for an invitation. Simple manners, nothing more than that. Chiron felt himself staring blankly at the boy who had propped himself down and was staring off into the distance. He had no idea what was going on in that young demigods mind, only that if Dionysus was still at camp, this boy would not have lasted another second.

Once Alex snapped back to reality, he asked Chiron whether Chiron wished to join him at the archery range. As much as Chiron really did want to be at the archery range, he knew what his duties were. "I'm sorry, m'boy, but I cannot leave the Big House. If I were to do that, your dear camp director would not be very pleased with me. Plus, I'll be joining all of you later. You will see me then. Now run along and go practice your archery skills. I am sure you will do well without me supervising you." Chiron looked mournfully in the direction of the archery range. Curse the old god and his distaste for demigods. Though there was reason behind Dionysus' theories, Chiron would have much rather done his own activities than babysit a stationary building. Oh well, that's just how the camp works.

He looked to see that Alex was still there, causing him to question what in the world was happening. With a stern voice, Chiron said, "Well now! What are you waiting for? You have to keep training, you know. The threat never truly goes away!" Chiron's eyes swept back to the camp. He had heard rumours, rumours of a rebel camp. If that was true, then he knew the demigods would have to train hard for the upcoming battle. But even if it was not true, the demigods still had to train, to survive. Fewer deaths was all Chiron could wish for at the time.

Last edited by Chiron on September 9th 2010, 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyler E. Harley

Skyler E. Harley

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, I'll be the face in the window, you see.

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:04 pm

((O.o why was I dragged into this? Must My name be in all your posts Alex.. <.< ))
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 5:30 pm

Laura wiped the sweat from her forehead as she stared up at the sky. That should be enough training for today, she thought to herself as One transformed back into its mp3 form and she put it in her pocket. It was just before lunch as she began to head out of the Arena and just as she left, she pondered what she would do next. She wasn't in the mood to do any other sort of physical thing until after lunch, and that was about an hour away, but she didn't want to just return to the Athena cabin. For the time being everyone seemed a bit uptight and worried after hearing that there were some rebel demigods just outside the borders. Sure Laura was a bit worried, but if they all kept up their training they could defeat them. Besides, they had more demigods than the rebels, or so she thought.

Unintentionally, Laura ended up walking towards the Big House. Instead of questioning her actions, she shrugged and went closer. Who knew, maybe Chiron or Mr. D would be on the porch for her to talk to, preferably Chiron seeing as Mr. D was known to be cranky. Sure enough none other than Chiron was sitting on the porch with a book in his hand. She approached with a confident, yet friendly smile. That smile faded into a more serious look when she saw Alex Jones sitting beside him. When her eyes drifted back to Chiron, the smile reappeared as she spoke,

"Hello Sir, I don't believe we've officially met," she said tilting her head slightly as she stuck out her hand, "I'm Laura Arai, daughter of Athena. I've been here since about February." Her mouth twitched into a frown for half a moment at the memory of having to kill who she thought were her parents and being caught stealing strawberries from camp. All of that didn't matter now though. What was important was that she was safe and everything was alright. She didn't need to keep bringing up such a painful memory.

"Might I ask what book you're reading there?" she asked trying to make a bit of conversation. She had yet to act as if she had even noticed Alex. Maybe he was leaving soon, afterall Chiron had shooed him to go practice archery, well from what she had heard of their conversation. She hoped that she too would not be shooed away, she didn't feel like doing much of anything and she felt as if she was where she was supposed to be at that moment. If he did end up asking/telling her to leave she would leave though.
Back to top Go down
https://thaliaspinetree.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 2:55 am

((I never noticed this post...O.O I'll respond to it by the weekend!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))   It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Does Get a Bit Boring At Times ((Open))
Page 1 of 1