Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun Riverwood

Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Empty
PostSubject: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2010, 6:26 pm

Sun walked into the said dining pavilion. She'd been given directions there and wearing her brand new Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and shorts and she felt like a million dollars. Having dinner for the first time in weeks was a definite perk too.

She ran to the queue impatiently, nearly fainting as she the fresh aroma of juicy pork sausages wafted towards her. As she reached the food, she scooped most of it on her plate and sat down in the place she was told to sit with a sigh of contentment.

"What are they doing?" she asked someone who was sitting next to her, noticing people going off to put their food in the fire. "What a waste..." she said in awe, not able to believe how people could simply throw their food away like that.

"I wish someone would tell me what's going on..." she muttered to herself. She was told she was a demigod but that was it. No explanation, no clues, no one had even told her which God her parent was supposed to be!

Sun sighed to herself.

Last edited by Sun Riverwood on August 14th 2010, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 6:52 pm

Greyson walked into the dining pavilion and walked up to where the food was. He grabbed some and walked towards the fire. He saw a few others there so he was pretty sure he was doing the right thing. He tossed some of his food in the fire and made his way to a table and sat down. He half smiled at a girl that was already sitting there and then dug into his food. As he ate, his mind roamed back to the topic of his God Parent. He really wished he knew. He sighed and looked down at his half empty plate. He sighed.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 8:16 am

Sun saw a boy that had sat down by her table, and she immediately narrowed her eyes and assessed him. On the streets, you had to always be keen and suspicious of everyone and thing. She'd gotten better in Camp, but her paranoia was built in for that.

"Why did you do that?!" she asked him, mouth open as she looked at his half plateful of food. Sun had decided he was okay to talk to. "Seriously, do you not understand how lucky you are to have food? Why chuck it away?" she asked in awe, not believing anyone could do such a thing.

Last edited by Sun Riverwood on August 14th 2010, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 11:01 am

"Seriously, do you not understand how lucky you are to have food? Why chuck it away?" The girl who Greyson was sitting near asked. "New?" Greyson assumed. He remembered how confusing things were here for a newbie. "You're supposed to. Out of respect for the gods." He explained. Greyson smiled to himself. Finally, he was the one who knew what was going on, not asking. He smiled as he looked down at his plate. He started to eat again. After a few minutes he looked back up at the girl. "I'm Greyson King, by the way." He smiled and stuck out his hand towards her.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 11:09 am

((How old is your character?))

Sun turned properly to look at the boy, "Yes, how did you- Oh." she said, looking down on her food with a sadness and a rumbling stomach. Sun looked as the boy started eating and decided it was the right time to waste...offer her food to the Gods.

She walked up to the fire, wiped away her tears and chucked half her food in the fire.

"Lucky," she muttered before straightening up, panicking. "Are we supposed to pray? Um...please help me make friends? Uh...claim me? Sorry I have no clue what to say. Enjoy my...your food." she sighed, before sitting back down next to Greyson.

"Oh hi," she smiled. "I'm Emily Jensen," she smiled. She would never ever give out her real name the first time she met someone.

Then, she scoffed her face for the first time in years. Her first PROPER meal in years.
Back to top Go down
Astra Gahne

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2010, 10:04 pm

Nike, goddess of Victory

Lady Nike was calmly watching a little league baseball game. It wasn't something she did very much, but the goddess had seen it happening from a ways away and had decided to stop and watch the procedings. She 'hoped' the team in blue would win. Which automatically meant that they would. Nike gave a smile to the young boy coming up to bat, somehow he saw her and smiled back, stepping up to the plate with a little more confidence in his stride. Oh yes, his team would win.

The goddess thought there was something familiar about the young boy. The sandy hair, the blue eyes... they reminded Nike of someone. Who could that be? What little boy had that sort of... the goddess snapped her fingers as the ruefully remembered who it was. Her son. And as of yet, she hadn't claimed him. She hadn't even seen him since... since he was that age. It was too long ago. Nike would pay that boy a visit he wouldn't ever forget. The boy was at camp, and right now he was...

...he was in the mess hall with Sun Riverwood, the girl who had recently come to camp; she was upset about having to sacrifice to her parent. But Nike's attention was more to the boy near her, who she knew was wondering about his own godly heritage. No need to worry much longer, Nike thought happily as she looked at him through the Iris message. He was a very sweet-looking boy, but she knew that he was strong, even if he didn't yet know it. The victory goddess smiled warmly as her symbol appeared over the boy's head. In a voice only Greyson could hear, she spoke
"Greyson King, I claim you as my son, son of Nike. Be victorious, my son, but in victory be kind." A light rapier appeared near her son; the weapon had the word Βασιλιάς insribed on the blade. King. For Greyson King. It was fitting. Lady Nike turned back to the ball game, where the little blond boy had just hit a home run.

((Congrats Greyson! Oh, and I was museless on what the sword turns into so just... make something up. Something reasonable.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2010, 11:19 am

Greyson shot up when he heard the voice in his head. "Greyson King, I claim you as my son, son of Nike. Be victorious, my son, but in victory be kind." He looked down at the sword with Βασιλιάς inscribed on it. In the reflection of the blade he saw the symbol of Nike above his head. For the first time in a while, he had no idea what to say. His voice failed him. He wasn't sure what to say or do. He picked up the sword and smiled into the reflection. He read the inscription again. Βασιλιάς. King, he translated. Suddenly he thought of something; He didn't know where to put it. Just as he thought that, it transformed itself into a ring. It was the same color as the blade and had the same inscription on it.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2010, 4:18 pm

((Congratulations Greyson! Very Happy))

Sun Riverwood, finished her food in what must have been record time. She gave a sigh of contentment and thought of having seconds, but decided she was way too full for that. She couldn't eat another morsel of food if her life depended on it. Even with giving half of it away. She felt like she could hardly move, but she could of course. She turned to Greyson, impatiently waiting his reply to her, before deciding he was probably ignoring her.

She grumbled something about unfriendly people before a blazing white light appeared out of nowhere next to Greyson and herself.

"Bloody Underworld!" she yelped, jumping out of her seat and nearly falling over with shock. She covered her eyes and snorted at her newly invented swear word, but her snort seemed out of place and she felt completely idiotic so she sat down.

Greyson had shot up out of his seat too and then Sun felt stupid sitting down so she stood back up again.

"Jesus Christ. . ." she muttered out of habit, she had yet to come up with a replacement swear for that one.
Suddenly, a rapier appeared out of nowhere with no explanation or anything and flashed into a ring of the same colour. Though before it did so, Sun was sure she could see a reflection of a woman so she looked around and all she could see was a fluttery symbol over Grey's head.

"Could be witnessing a claiming perhaps?" she asked, a posh Londoner accent breaking out which happened when things got awkward and she wanted to break the tension by doing something completely out of character.

Either that or he's up to no good... she thought to herself, giving him a suspicious look before she noticed everyone else in the Dining Pavillion clapping (somewhat boredly, as though they'd seen it a million times before) , so she assumed it was indeed, a claiming. Greyson's claiming.

"Congratulations!" she said, clapping along somewhat too enthusiastically for the rest of the crowd. "'Scuse for being an idiot, but who were you claimed by?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))   First Meal in weeks....((Open to All)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Meal in weeks....((Open to All))
Page 1 of 1