Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Empty
PostSubject: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 3:28 pm

Weightless was how Laura felt as she sat atop a white fluffy cloud, looking down at Camp Half-Blood. Demigods were all around. Some were playing basketball while others were sneaking off to the strawberry fields to steal some of the ripe berries. There were several sitting beneath a shady tree just talking to one another as the breeze whistled through the branches of the tree. Things seemed to be just perfect on such a sunny day like that one. Of course she personally loved rainy days above all else, sunny days were nice too.

Shaking her head, Laura came out of her day dream. She was sitting at the edge of the strawberry field beneath a large tree. The tree casted a large shadow that blocked the hot sun from beaming down on her. She was glad that she was out of the sun, near the strawberries, and had full battery on her mp3 player. Keeping one earplug in and the other out, the song Manhatten from the Sky written by the youtube user XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX. When Laura lived at home she used to be this users biggest fan. She had just about every song she had written on her mp3 player.

Without knowing it Laura began to sing the tune aloud.

"Baby, what'cha doing today
What are you doing later?
I don't know my way through a maze of gray skyscrapers
But I'm willing to learn
If you want me to I'll stay just where I am
But I promise just to follow where I land
And you can take my word for that

Cause you're my Manhatten from the sky
You look so neat and tidy when I'm way up high
But I know your streets are lined with a fine mess inside
I wanna come down and walk around your mi-"

Laura was cut off when she heard footsteps behind her. She twisted around to see who was coming, but the person was standing right overtop of her looking down on her. It was Jeni! She had met her once before, they didn't really chat all that much.

"Hey there! Care to join me?" She asked with a friendly tone.
Back to top Go down
https://thaliaspinetree.forumotion.com
Jeni Carter

Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 3:46 pm

Jeni looked down at Laura, her eye brows raised. “Sure,” she said sitting down. Once seated, she plucked a hand full of strawberries, and popped a few in her mouth. “So, what bring you out here?” she asked, saving the fact that Laura was listening to HER music for later. “I always find coming out here…calming. No buildings, barely any trees…It makes me feel somewhat closer…” she said folding her hands behind her head, leaning back against the tree. “So, you like XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX?” she asked, wearing a small smirk, as if she knew something that Laura didn’t. Which that was the case; She, Jeni, was XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX. Never thought that I would hear some of my music again… she thought.

When Jeni was XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX, she could express her feelings without fear of anyone finding out who exactly she was. Her fans always had guesses, but more times than not, they weren’t right. There was one a select few who got the rinky-dink town right, and usually they went to her school. Of course she lied and said no, and after whenever she just talked, she always changed the pitch just slightly…But, of course, those days died a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 4:29 pm

"Gods who doesn't like her? Her voice is so amazing! I've got all of her songs on my mp3 player," Laura said showing Jeni the screen of One which read 'Manhatten from the Sky by XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX'. She sounded just slightly like a crazed fangirl, but she couldn't help it. This girl was her favorite singer, it was a shock that she hadn't been offered a record deal yet. Maybe she had, but she never told anyone. This girl was a mystery.

Grabbing a few strawberries Laura pulled the other earplug out so she and Jeni could talk and hang out. "What about you? Do you like her?" she asked turning towards her. "Personally my favorite songs are Manhatten from the Sky, Sweet Silver Lining, and Angel. What about you? Have any favorites?" She was trying to make conversation, but she pretty much failed and it made her sound desperate for a friend.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 4:57 pm

Jeni’s body trembled with the laughter she was containing. “She’s pretty good. I think that Devil in Me, Angel, and You Can’t Break a Broken Heart are some of her better ones, but Manhattan in the Sky is pretty good,” She said. Dang, I can’t believe that Laura actually like MY music…really wasn’t expecting that… she thought, popping another strawberry in her mouth. She thought of telling Laura that she was XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX, so she choose…

“Laura, I’m about to tell you something extremely serious, and you can’t tell ANYONE this. Ok?” she looked at Laura’s eyes, and she could tell that she wouldn’t tell anyone, at least she hoped anyway. “XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX is actually here. As in inside camp right now.” Jeni really wasn’t lying to Laura, she just wasn’t giving her to whole truth. The whole truth as in Laura was talking to XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX right at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:13 am

When Jeni finished speaking, Laura had two thoughts in her mind. Either A) Jeni was lying or B) Jeni was XN-e-WxXxS-k-I-e-SX. "Oh is that so?" She had guessed that Jeni had wanted to keep it a secret and of course she wouldn't tell anyone this, but she would tell Jeni something she knew. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone that you're XN-e-WxXxS-k-i-e-SX," she couldn't help but say with a bit of a smirk. "Will you do me a favor though? Could you sing one of your songs for me? I really would like my own mini concert." By now Jeni was probably in shock.

((Sorry it's a failsicle = _ =))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:55 pm

((SmartCookie, may I join?))
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:57 pm

((Yeah sure! Go ahead, maybe it'll get Jeni to post!))
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:59 pm

“I figured that lying to a daughter of Athena wouldn’t go too well,” Jeni said with a laugh. “And thanks; I really don’t want to get bombarded with people asking me to sing for them.” How true it was. She could remember before she got her YouTube account that Kim and David would always ask her to sing for them. They even went so far as to bribe her! Though, that pie WAS really good…

“And sure, I’ll sing for you. What song would you like?” she asked, leaning forward. “Personally, I would go with Angel; that one has always been one of my favorites,” Jeni said with a smile. “And, I must say, I’m impressed that you figured it out. The people at my school could NEVER figure who I was and they liked my music as much as you do.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 11:16 pm

Roxxy had been running all around camp for a while until she had came across the strawberry fields. 'Super Special Awesome!' She thought as she ran towards some trees. Her converse got covered in dirt as she stopped running to pick some strawberries. She stooped down and took some and wiped them off with her shirt. She was about to put it to her lips when Ry poked his head out of her bag and bit it. "Oh come on!" she yelled at him. He twitched his nose as if to say 'You snooze you lose'.

She frowned at the white rabbit and took another one. And made sure that it went into her mouth this time. She picked a few more and stood up. She went over to the trees and spotted some people over there. She ran up to them and stopped when she was a few feet away.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin
Laura Arai

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 9:46 am

"Yeah sorry lying to a daughter of Athena never gets you anywhere!" Laura said with a chuckle. She couldn't help but think that she wasn't all that great at giving out subtle hints. She was slightly surprised she was the first to figure it out. "Well I guess Angel it is then!" Honestly she didn't really care which song she sang, it would just be cool to hear her sing in person.

"I guess this'll have to wait," Laura said leaning over to Jeni so only she could hear her. Just a moment before another girl, one she hadn't met, approached them. She had a white rabbit sticking it's head out of her bag. "Hi, I'm Laura Arai daughter of Athena. What's your name?" she asked curiously.

((OMG FAIL post! I'm soooo sorry D: My muse is slowly dying for Laura D: I will revive it!!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))   Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manhatten from the Sky ((Jeni posts first then one other))
Page 1 of 1