Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Acquainted ((Open))

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 11:24 am

Greyson walked onto the beach and looked out at the water. Then back at camp. Finally, he was somewhere where he belonged. Out of that stupid orphanage and off the streets. Greyson thought, happily. Next step, He thought, Make friends. He walked silently up and down the beach, waiting. Greyson turned around and looked at the camp. He was so excited to get started but, first, he had to learn about camp. He didn't know where to go or anything. He looked quickly up and down the beach wondering if he'd meet anyone soon. He was beyond excited. Eventually, he sat down and looked out at the water.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 7:00 am

Makayla woke with a start in the Hades cabin, disorientated from a bad dream she almost forgot she was back in camp. She groaned and sat up, rubbing her eyes and checking what was going on outside her window. It was a nice sunny day, the birds were singing happily and the campers seemed like they were in a good mood. To an ordinary person, this would have been the perfect start to a perfect day. To Makayla it was the worst possible thing. She liked things gloomy, unhappy, a little friction between the campers, a little rivalry. But that morning there didn't seem to be none. Frowning Makalya's eyes rested on the beach, where a lone camper was sat. She smiled, "Time to have fun," She muttered as she melted into the shadows. Shadow travelling was always the best way to get to places around camp, it let her avoid Campers and it was quick. The only bad point? Even for an immortal like her it still took energy and made her a bit dizzy for a minute.

Reappearing just below a shaded tree on the edge of the sound near the kid she stumbled a little before gaining her bearings. He was looking out to the water, leaving himself vunerable to any attacks from behind. But Makayla wasn't going to attack him. She was going to talk to him, see if he would be any use to her then she was going to decide what her next move would be. It was like playing a game of chess, everything had to be thought out well, had to be planned. It was Logic, not just guessing. Shaking her head to try and clear the dizziness Makayla began heading towards where the kid was sat, "Ummmmm.... Hi?" She said, not really knowing what else to say. Well not knowing what nice things to say. She could think of plenty of nasty things, but been nasty wouldn't get her anywhere.

Last edited by Makayla on July 10th 2010, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a few things XD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 4:13 pm

Greyson sat up quickly in shock. "Oh..... hello." He turned around to see who he was even talking to. It was a girl he didn't recognize. Of course he didn't recognize her. He'd been here, what, a few hours. Greyson dragged his foot in the sand for a minute, but stooped. It made him seem too shy. One of his many flaws that he did well at covering up. "I'm Greyson." He added awkwardly. Greyson flipped his hair out of his face and put his hands in the sand behind him, leaning back a little. He looked up at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 4:27 pm

The guy, who had introduced himself as Greyson, seemed shy. Makaylacouldn't help but grin, a brief flash of evil entered her eyes before quickly disappearing. He probably wouldn't even have seen it, yet alone understood what it was. "Makayla." She said, leaving out the part where she said immortal and daughter of Hades. She wouldn't want to scare the kid yet. She wondered how long her patience with the camp would last. Wondered how long it would be until she finally snapped and went on rampage. It was hard being her sometimes. She quickly shook off those thoughts. the kid would most definately notice if her eyes went from bright blue to dark formidable black. He would surely notice something was wrong when she attacked him. She shook these thoughts off again. She really didn't want to loose control yet, not when she could be having so much fun. "Sooo... kid... You new here?" She asked, trying to distract not only herself but him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 9:53 pm

"Yeah...." Greyson answered. Makayla looked like someone he'd met in the orphanage. A trouble maker, like him. He decided not to tell Makayla about that though. He turned his head back out towards the water. He missed his old pranking time. He guessed he had that mischievous gleam in his eye he often got when pranking or thinking about it. Kinda freaked some people out..... Especially the leader of his group at the orphanage. He wondered if Makayla noticed it. Greyson looked quickly back at her, wondering if she'd notice. Some people did, others didn't. Depends on how much she cares about looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 10:33 am

((Yo, Greyson. How old's your charrie? I keep calling ya kid for some reason. XD))

When the kid looked back at her, Makayla noticed the strange gleam in his eye, almost like he was planning something. She smiled, not sure if she should point it out or not. "Claimed or unclaimed?" She asked randomly. She didn't actually care, but it was something to do. Something to say. She scooped up a handful of and and watched as it trickled through her fingers, reminding her of an hourglass. Time was no longer important to Makayla now. She had all the time in the world to do whatever she wanted. Of course he didn't know that yet, nor did he know she was a daughter of Hades. She wondered if he would be scared when she told him. It would be rather amusing to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 12:48 pm

((He's 14))

"Unclaimed." Greyson sighed. He looked up and looked Makayla in the eyes for two reasons. One, he wanted her to notice his mischievousness. He wondered if there was anyone as mischievous as him. He needed to find someone who was. Second, he wanted to figure out what he liked so much about her. Something about her personality or just who she was. He really wasn't sure. "How about you?" Greyson asked halfheartedly. He was still trying to figure it out. Greyson sighed and looked back out at the water. He tapped his feet rhythmically in the sand. Rhythm was his way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 1:00 pm

((XD Okay, Thanks. Also 5 words OOC))

"How about you?" Greyson said. This was the moment she had been waiting for, but also dreading. "Im claimed... By Hades. And im not a normal Half-blood. Im immortal. And sometimes I can be your worst nightmare." Makayla said, Mischief dancing in her eyes that were for that moment blue. Wondering how much it would take to scare the kid she focussed on Angry thoughts until her eyes turned pitch black. She smiled a little, then focussed on calming down again. Her eyes fading back to blue. "Im not the sort of person to make angry. If you do, I'll probably kill you." She said it as the truth, something to warn him about. He was the 4th person she had been practically nice to in her past few years at camp. She didn't know if she liked been nice or not, but she knew that it wouldn't last. One day she was going to snap, and that day would be soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 2:06 pm

((Can i jump in? If not whatever. XD))
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 2:55 pm

((Im fine with it, but it's up to Greyson...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 2:59 pm

((Ok... I'll wait. Who made your sig? That was off topic...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 5:14 pm

((It's perfectly fine with me.))

Greyson half smiled. "I knew there was something I liked about." Hades..... That meant that she was probably more mischievous then him. The only bad part was the killing part. Greyson smiled more. As long as he stayed off her bad side..... Greyson smiled as he looked out at the water. Now, he must make friends. Which seemed like a problem. She didn't seem like the friend making type. He also was never good at making friends. That's why he got caught so much for pranking. Always acted alone. Stupid mistake. Greyson looked up, mischief sparkling in his eyes. He continued to smile the whole time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 6:45 pm

((Okay, thanks. Okay lets see if i can muster up 100 words))

Tessa felt her pockets carefully. Empty. Those Hermes kids! She let out a frustrated sigh and stomped over to a giggling group of kids.
"She was so oblivious! it was like stealing from a baby!" a confident boy said with cocky stature. The group smile and whispered, then all there eyes widened.
She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. "Really?" she questioned and her arm shot out, she grabbed the wallet and put it in her jean short pocket. "So, how'd you do it.?" she asked when he turned around his face a mask of pure shock and embarrassment. She barely held back a little snort.
"I jus-"
"You just what?" she asked raising an eyebrow and fixing her stormy gray/electric blue gaze on the studdering boy. If looks could kill he would already be dead.
"i was just trying t-"
"To what embarrass yourself?" she asked, the group behind him was barely holding back laughter. She glared at him one last time and walked away.

"One. two. Three. four..." she saoid flipping through the wallet. It held all fifteen dollars it had before. She smiled and walked down the path, not exactly sure where she was going. She smelled the faint scent of salt water. "Ooh." she said quickening her pace. She loved the beach! She quickly walked throught the dark and foreboding looking forest. Jumping each time a twig cracked. She began to run, she heard breathing and began to sprint. Once out she leaned over, breathing heavily. She saw two figures talking and stood there. she needed new friends. She thought with a shrug of her tan shoulders. she jogged down trying to look as nonchalant as possible. As she got closer and waved. she slowed her pace and slid her black raybans over her freckled button nose. "Uh... Hi." she said with a sheepish smile.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 8:00 am

(( Andy made the first one, and Thalia on here/ Amelie on HBH made the 2nd))

Makayla froze as she felt someone else’s presence heading towards the beach. But then she relaxed. She had to stop being so cautious, it was bad for her. She turned and saw a girl a few years younger than her heading down to them. "Uh... Hi." The girl said. Makayla smiled in what she hoped was a friendly way and she said, "Hi. I'm Makayla." She left off the immortal daughter of Hades part again, not wanting to scare her. Look at yourself! You don’t want to scare people? I thought you enjoyed that sort of thing... thought you enjoyed slowly killing them, watching them die? Her thoughts. But not her thoughts, were clear as day in her head, but she ignored them. If she was thinking stuff like that she was surely close to breaking point, and she didn’t particularly want people around when that happened. Or did she?
((sorry its so short... im kinda museless today..))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 4:02 pm

She shuffled her bare feet in the sand, she looked at them. The girl had this mischevious glint to her blue eyes. Tessa liked that.
"Hi. I'm Makayla." the girl announced in a friendly tone, Tess smiled shyly.
"I'm Tessa. Unclaimed. You?" she said with a brighter smile. She saw the boy sitting down and smiled. 'Hui." she said with a little wave. She sat down in the warm sand and traced her finger around. She looked up from the sand and over to the glistening sapphire colored water. "Sure is pretty here." she thought looking around. The sun was a brilliant orange ball of fire, it was slowly sinking into the water, the water shimmered like liquid diamonds.

((Sorry, i'm going to camp,. So that was extremely short))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2010, 12:28 pm

"Sure is pretty here." Tessa said. "It is." Greyson nodded and slid on his sunglasses. "I'm Greyson." He said letting the mischief flow out of his eyes. He wasn't sure what to think of this girl yet and he didn't want to freak her out. When his eyes were like that he tended to do that. He stuck his hands into the sand behind him and leaned back. He looked out at the water. It reminded him of his childhood where he lived on the shores of Lake St. Clair in Michigan. He ran his hand across the top of the sand. His eyes flickered back up to Tessa.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 11:44 am

((sorry for the late reply, my muse died))

"I'm Tessa. Unclaimed. You?" Makayla's smile grew a little wider. "Im the Immortal daughter of Hades," She said.
Then Tessa said, "Sure is pretty here."And Greyson agreed, Makayla had to hold back a bit of laughter. "Pretty? I wouldn't describe it as that...." She said, still smiling, but her tone wasn't the friendliest. Pretty to her was probably death, destruction and decay, not some beach with sun and that. "No... if you want pretty you should visit Persephone's garden in the underworld. Or the fields of punishment..." She said her eyes dancing.

((Its a tad short, sorry bout that))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 11:08 am

Tessa leaned back and closed her eyes, drinking in the beauty. It was incredibly calm here, unlike the hustle and bustle of camp. The sun was being swallowed by the water, creating a soft orange glow.
"It is." The boy nodded and put his glasses on. She turned to face him a small smile on her face, he had something in his character trait that was familiar. "I'm Greyson." she nodded and looked away.
"Hi." she said after a moment. For some reason she was incredibly quiet. She reclined fully so that her chesnut colored hair was sprawled behind her in the sand. She closed her eyes momentarily and exhaled a sigh. She opened them again when another voice spoke.
"Im the Immortal daughter of Hades," Makayla smiled, like a cat that had just killed a canary.
"Well, that's. Ummm... Different. But totally cool. I mean forever young, right." Tessa ram,bled, not completely sure what was the right thing to say when someone told you they could never die.
"Hades... Hades." Tessa thought, wracking her brain for him. "God of the dead." she said with a small smile, her greek Mythology was coming around, slowly, but it was coming.
"No... if you want pretty you should visit Persephone's garden in the underworld. Or the fields of punishment..." Makayla's bright blue eyes danced, becoming a tad bit darker. Tessa blinked and rubbed her eyes, confused and shocked, she looked at them again. Just pretty blue eyes, she closed her eyes and shook her head.
"The garden sounds nice, but something about a field of punishment, doesn't seem beautiful." Tessa said confused, well maybe punishment of dead people was amusing to her, who knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted ((Open))   Getting Acquainted ((Open)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Acquainted ((Open))
Page 1 of 1