Thalia's Pine Tree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting By the Sea (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Waiting By the Sea (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2010, 2:44 pm

Rio sat atop a sand dune staring up at the sky. It was a rather windy, overcast day that send his curly blonde hair in a frenzied tangle around his face. Rio had never really cared that much about looks.....unless he was at a dance or some other formal event. Rio'd never been to a normal school dance like most kids his age would have gone to by then. He'd traveled the world, though, and had been to countless galas and dinners with ambassadors and royal families. He wished he could have actually paid attention to those moments. He had sat with kings and it hadn't meant a thing to him because he knew he'd be doing it again in another two years. That was how things worked, was it not? You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Rio sighed and glared at the ocean now. He wished he could have been a dolphin so he could swim back to his family. Or maybe a majestic falcon. No, strike the bird. He ran a high risk of being struck by lightening, flying in the sky during a storm. And dolphins just had way too many predators.

Rain began to fall, but Rio didn't register it for quite some time. After a while, he began to notice that his vibrant yellow Converse high tops were soaked, as were his gray jeans and orange T-shirt. Rio stood up and stretched, brushing the wet clumps of sand off his clothing before shaking his wet hair like an unhappy dog who'd just gotten a bath.

Rio stood there for a few more minutes, not sure what to do. Should he go swim in the ocean or go to the arena and practice fighting? Swimming during a storm seemed dangerous. What if the rough waters pulled him under? But Rio thought he was already well trained with swords, after all, he'd been using them for most of his life. He also had an assortment of weapons on his camp necklace. Technically, it wasn't his. It had been given to him by a Malaysian demigod who had refused to speak his name....

The heavy sheet of rain turned into a light and steady drizzle as Rio stared up at the sky, hoping that the rain would stop completely. Rio thought he heard a noise from somewhere behind him and did a 360 to see who was there. Nobody. Tis just the rain playing tricks on you, Rio scolded himself. There was yet another noise, but where was it coming from? There was noise all around Rio from the falling rain, but this noise was more distinct. It sounded like the footfalls of a demigod, not that of rain or a monster or even an animal. "Who's there?" Rio called out at last, his British accent thick in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Nicko Rider

Nicko Rider

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 7:48 pm

Theo stood on Half-blood hill. He had just gotten back, he spred his arms form his side and yelled, "I'm back!" It had been three four years since he had set foot in the magical borders of camp. He was happyer than he had been in a long time. He jumped and threw his fist into the air! He was finnly back! Theo had his backpack, his bow strung to his back, his boye knife tied to his calf on his fight leg. His arrows were in his backpack. He had his I-pod in his front pocket where a Hermes kid could't get at. Than he had these blueray wireless headphones that he had gotten for his b-day. He had his wirless headphones around his neck while Hollywood undead played. The headphones sounded like speakers.

Theo didn't stop at the Hermes cabin. If he did he would have been robbed of evreything he owned in seconds. He went for the Sound. It was located past the woods. Theo took off that way. He soon was jogging to 'It's my life' by Bon Jovi. He reached the outskirts of the woods. He stoped and looked at one tree inpirticular. It had a carving on it, T. A.. He had carved that his first week here. Theo smiled at the memmory than kept running with a smile on his face.

Thats when a storm set in. Theo's smile widdened. He loved storms, the lighting like fireworks in the night's sky. The rain pounded Theo as he made his way to the sound. Now 'Not falling' was playing by Mudvayne. He laughed the whole way to his destination. HHe was about halfway though the forest when he heard a growl. On instinct he spun around and ripped out his boye knife. He was holding it blade pointed down. It was easyer to fight that was with it.

If he had the time he would have used his bow. He couldn't see anything, the rain was inableing his sight. He closed his eyes and heard somthing behinde him take a breath. Theo wiated a second, than spun around his boye knife slashing anything near him. An exposian of golden dust went evreywhere. Theo knew whatever had been there was now in Hades. He didn't care what it was, sheathed his knife and kept going.

The song was now 'Headstrong' by Trapt. This song made Theo run faster and harder. When he was about to break the edge of the woods he heard a boys voice ask 'Who's there'. Theo didn't reach for his weapon for he knew this was a demigod. He broke though the trees and saw the boy. He smiled, "what do you mean who's there. I'm here." The song changed to 'Break' by Three days grace. This was one of his favorite songs. Theo usually wouldn't be so friendly to some random stranger but hell this was supposed to be a happy day. He had just gotten back from camp, and a storm was taking place. "Hey there. I'm Theo" he said exstinding his hand to the boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 8:12 pm

Rio appraised the boy standing before him. He didn't seem like a newcomer, seeing as a newbie would have bombarded the first person they saw with their countless questions. Rio knew this because he was a newbie and still did it. The boy, who introduced himself as Theo, had headphones with his music blasting obnoxiously loud, like most every American teenager did.

Rio had an iPod, but his music was always set just right so only he could hear it. There was no reason for people to be staring at him with looks of disdain or contempt. A lot of times, Rio preferred to stay in the background - life was much simpler that way.

Rio glanced around himself, then at Theo, noticing the weapon on the boy's back - a bow, perhaps? Rio wondered if he should pull out his own weapon. If he did, though, he'd have to do it quick and most likely at random. This kid seemed experienced in fighting with weapons...definitely not new to the world of a demigod. There was also the chance that Rio chose the absolute worst weapon. He'd be shot by Theo's arrows before he even had the time to figure out what he could do with it.

Opting for a safer track, Rio simply gave a small smile and shook Theo's outstretched hand. "Hey, Theo. Pleased to meet you, I'm Rio Tyree, unclaimed. I'm not sure what all the hype about being claimed is, though. Everybody else seems completely centered around it. I can't help but notice, mister, but you seem rather....happy. Might I ask why?"
Back to top Go down
Nicko Rider

Nicko Rider

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 8:45 pm

Theo's left hand clenched but he forced it to open. This kid had been thinking of pulling something. Theo was able to read people but even then this kid's body langue said it all. Theo guessed that the only thing stoping what his face from pulling a weapon was that Theo had his own. Well Theo had supprised the kid, so he gave him a break and said nothing on that one subject. He rather not have to beat someone up his first day and espicilly a newbie. If the kid had pulled a weapon out and tried to do anything with it, Theo would have pulled out his bow and would have had a drawn arrow out and aimed in seconds. If th boy hadn't surrendered Theo would have shot the weapon out of his hand.

"Hello Rio" he said as they shook hands. Than he scoffted, "I was at this camp for three years. I never got the whole point of claimings. I mean really! The god has never been there, and after a few dozen years gits off there lazy butts and says 'Ya you down there. Your my son, go nuts'. I'm unclaimed as well, it's not so bad." Theo didn't mind being unclaimed. If anything he liked not knowing his parent, why? Not because it was a mystery. Cause if he knew he would resent that god more than anything in the entire world.

"I'm in a good because i've returned to camp. It's just something abou this place. The..... adventures of this place I guess. I'm usually not so...... errr bubbly I guess would be the word." Theo closed his eyes and let his mucles relax. He opened his eyes he was trying to clam down alittle bit. "Anyway, how long have you been at camp?" Theo already knew this guy had been here less than a month. It was the air around this guy. Theo nodded it was starting to make sence. So even is this kid had drawn his weapon it wouldn't have done much good. Theo cast his gaze out to the sea, it was going nuts. It was beutiful in a dangerious kinda of way. Theo was so tempted to get a surfbored and ride some of the waves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 9:12 pm

Rio felt Theo's hand clench, squeezing his, but it didn't hurt. Rio was muscular for his age and he returned the squeeze with a grin, as though it were some sort of stupid game used to amuse toddlers. There was that rather teasing and dry sense of humor Rio had, and he thought that Theo could easily consider it mocking or a test of strenght.

Rio merely shrugged, his smile slipping from his face, when Theo began speaking about being claimed. "I don't find that fair at all, but I suppose everything has its pros and cons. The cons of being demigods...well the list is rather extensive. Monsters, running a high risk of getting you and your loved ones killed, the fact that most demigods don't have friends since mortals tend to stay away from people with 'defects' e.g. dyslexia and ADHD. Not to mention the rivalries between our parents. Whoever our parent is...well, just because they hate a god, a lot of demigods find it prudent that they should hate both that god and the children of that god."

"Now the pros...there aren't as many. You have better reflexes in battle, you can fluently speak Latin and ancient Greek, both of which died out a long time ago. Once your parent claims you, you come to terms with whatever powers you have and excell on that subject. Whether it be water, wind, fire. With practice, you can master-"

Just as Rio was about to finish his speech, there was yet another rustle from the tall clumps of beargrass behind them. It wasn't a rustle as much as it was a slither, though...Rio touched his necklace, turning it into a double edged celestial bronze sword of pure terror, stained white through magical means like the bead it once was.

Rio saw the tails before he saw the rest of the body. They were green and scaly and they sparkled in the sun like glistening emeralds of death. The body was that of a lady ready for war. It was clad in Greek armor with green skin to match the tails. The snake woman had straight black hair and penetrating yellow eyes that were just mere slits through her helmet.

Rio had never encountered such a being, what was it? He looked to Theo, who had been at camp for three years. "Any ideas on what Ugly over there is?"

Last edited by Rio Tyree on May 24th 2010, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicko Rider

Nicko Rider

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 9:37 pm

Theo felt the kid clenth his fist aswell. He smiled, this kid wanted a show of strength apperently. Theo wasn't the strogest kid around he was tall with long legs. Pretty much a runner. Not so much a strong perosn as a fast person. He smiled as his I-pod went to Undead by Hollywood undead. This was a epic song, he nodded off to the beat mouthing the words.
We drunk drive cadalacs we never go far
But when you see us mother ****** better know who we are

That was when Rio started to list the pros and cons of being a half-blood. Theo agreed with evreyone. THe life of a half-blood was not a happy one. Being chased by monsters having parent who just don't give a **** about you. Not to mention that you have like 1000 brothers and sisters you never knew about. I mean how stupid was that. You could have an enemy tht you hate but it turns out that there your sibling.

Thats when a monster appered. A drachen or something. Theo had his bow out in seconds, he was loading an arrow into it. He started launching arrows at it, the arrows made comtact but they didn't penatrate to far. He droped his bow and ripped out his boye knife. He ran and slid behind the creature, giving the other boy a signal. They were too attack on three. He held up his hands, 1.....2.......3.......He then clenched his fist to say. GO! He jumped for the creature in hopes Roi did the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2010, 10:06 pm

Rio watched blankly as Theo shot arrow after arrow at the strange snake lady, each one glancing harmellsly off of her armor. I wonder if the snake will be upset if I call her...Donatello. I guess now's the time to find out. Why not? The monster was large, green, definitely mutated. The snake lady had her full attention on Theo. With a shrug, Rio called out loudly.

"Hey, Donatello! You ever get tired of being so..unreasonably ugly?" The monster whipped around at the name "Donatello". Obviously, this thing wasn't a fan of the Ninja Turtles. The ugly snake woman lashed out with one of her tails, throwing Rio back into the stormy gray sea. Rio tried to take in a deep breath, only to be pulled down into the unforgiving waters. When he surfaced, he sputtered and gasped, coughing out the foul tasting saltwater.

Rio tried to fight against the waves but they were just too strong. He was only twenty yards away from the shore, but he hadn't originally landed at that spot. He'd been trying to go against the waves, not knowing that they were pushing him towards the shore. After he realized this, he just stopped trying to swim and let the waves take him, taking deep breaths before he was pushed under.

It took a few minutes for Rio to make the short distance back to the shore. The waves hadn't just been pushing him there. Some had been pushing from side to side, some had been shoving him deeper into the ocean. Once Rio stepped on the dry sand, he collapsed, coughing and sputtering the water out of his lungs. From a distance, he could hear the shrill battle cries of the snake lady. He turned his head slightly and saw that his sword was over there, it's white metal almost blinding in the sunlight. "Return." Rio called out feebly, lifting his hand slightly. "Return!" He shouted and the sword stirred for a moment befire shooting up and flying back into Rio's waiting hand. Man, he loved his weapons.

Rio forced himself to get up off of the cool sand and go back into battle. After all, Theo couldn't battle Donatello alone. Rio picked up a stone and tossed it at Donatello's armor. It bounced off, but it was enough to get her attention. Attack! He mouthed urgently to Theo.
Back to top Go down
Nicko Rider

Nicko Rider

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 7:26 am

Theo saw Rio go down, "don't fight the waves!" Theo did a matrix as a sword glided right over his head. He smashed the handle of his boye knife into the face of the monster. His song changed to 'Entertainment' by Rise aginst. Theo jumped back and smiled. He nodded his heads to the beat than charged. He started fighting to the beat. He slashed, puncked and kicked with the song. It was something he did alot, Theo was doing alittle to the monster.

Theo riased his boye knife over his head and swung it down. Only for it to be blocked by the sheild. Theo's hands hurt from the impact. He let out a string of curses before getting an idea. He flipped his knife so it was facing down, than tackled the monster to the ground. She was a snake so this should give him an advantage right? He slashed at her arm and knocked her shelid off. Than the monster's sword shot up and cut Theo along his ribbs.

Theo grunted in pain and rolled off the monster. He flincked in pain and the blood ran out of the wound. Theo ripped off a portion of his shirt and tied it around the gash. this was the best he could do for now. Theo grabed his boye knife and slashed at the snakelady. It swiped him with it's (her?) tail. Sending him tumbling backwards. He jumped up quickly just as Rio got the monsters attention. Theo saw a chink int he armor. He jumped for his bow and had an arrow strung in it in seconds. He aimed and let the arrow fly, it found it's target. The monster cried out in pain tha dropped it's sword and spun around. The chink in the armor had beenright by the right shoulder blade. In other words, it hurt alot for the monster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 8:03 pm

Rio could only stare in both wonder and disbelief. Not at how good Theo was fighting Donatello, but that his music was still playing. Had it been Rio's iPod, it would have been long gone, crushed to pieces and thrown into a sand dune. Rio wasn't the best fighter when it came to older weapons. Or any weapon, for that matter. His parents had never allowed him to even go near a weapon, even though they'd known all along what he was. Only Rio's father had known what his necklace did, Rio and his mother had found out the same time he'd found out what he was. It didn't seem fair to Rio, though. He could have protected them from all of those monsters that had attacked, he could have joined the military just like his father. This, of course, was just the wishful thinking of an angry child. Rio was angry that his parents had told him that they were indeed his real parents. Rio had been so young when he was adopted, that he'd believed them. What Rio was the angriest about, however, was that what they said was not the truth. Rio Tyree wasn't normal and those weren't his real parents. He wasn't an ordinary boy and his life would never be normal.

Rio blinked a few times and shook his head, bringing hmself back to the present. It took him a few moments to realize where he was. He looked up and noticed Donatello slithering closer with a malicious smile on its face. Rio scanned the ground around him for another stone, but he had no luck. Donatello moved slowly closer and Rio raised his sword, ready to attack it. Then the monster cried out in pain and spun around. Rio saw an arrow potruding from a chink in its armor, near its right shoulder blade. Had Theo done that? "Awesome," Rio smiled slightly and swung his sword at Donatello. It went a little high and only cut off a lock of black hair. Crap. "What now?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting By the Sea (Open)   Waiting By the Sea (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting By the Sea (Open)
Page 1 of 1